SENATOR MUTULA KILONZO EGH, EBS, CS, SC, MCIArb
Chairman Mwaki Foundation, Kay Group &
Centre for Constitutional Rights - Kenya
22nd July, 1948 - 27th April, 2013
Senator Mutula Kilonzo, EGH, EBS, CS, SC, MCI Arb
- Honorary Game Warden appointed by KWS since January, 2010.
- Founder and Chairman for Centre for Constitutional Rights - Kenya which he founded in early 2013.
- Founder and Chairman of Mwaki Foundation which he founded in 2007.
- Elected Senator for Makueni County on March 4th, 2013.
- Appointed Minister for Education in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya on March 28th, 2012 till March 27th, 2013.
- Appointed Minister for Justice, National Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya in May 2009 till March 27th, 2012.
- Appointed Minister for Nairobi Metropolitan Development in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya in April 2008.
- Decorated as Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart of Kenya (EGH) in December 2008.
- Served as a Member of the Implementation Committee of the Kenyan National Accord Process.
- Served as one of the Mediators Panel in the Kenya National Dialogue and Reconciliation Process in early 2008.
- 2007 elected MP for Mbooni Constituency.
- 2003, Member of Parliament as nominated MP during the 9th Parliament.
- Appointed Senior Counsel of Kenya under the Advocates Act since 2003.
- Decorated as Elder of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS) of Kenya in 1994.
- Honorary Citizen of the State of Minnesota, USA.
- First President of the Rotary Club of Nairobi North.
- Served as Chairman of the Law Society of Kenya 1983 -5.
- Former Member of the International Bar Association and African Bar Association.
- Attended the Rome-based International Law Development Organization ADR training forum in 1983.
- Patron of Mbooni University Students Association since its formation.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya since 1976.
- Awarded the Law Society of Kenya prize for best student in 1975.
- Graduated in 1974 from the University of Dar-es-Salaam with a 1st Class Honours Degree in Law.
- Machakos Boys high School, best student.
- Mbooni DEB Intermediate School, best student.
- Utangwa AIC Primary School, best student.