Hon. Mutula Kilonzo EGH, EBS, SC, MCI Arb, MP
Minister for Education
Chairman, Mwaki Foundation
Honourable Mutula Kilonzo, EGH, EBS, SC, MCI Arb, MP
- Honorary Game Warden appointed by KWS since January, 2010.
- Appointed Minister for Education in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya on 28th March, 2012 till now.
- Appointed Minister for Justice, National Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya in May 2009 till March 27th, 2012.
- Appointed Minister for Nairobi Metropolitan Development in the Cabinet of the Republic of Kenya in April 2008.
- Decorated as Elder of the Order of the Golden Heart of Kenya (EGH) in December 2008.
- Currently serving as Member of the Implementation Committee of the Kenyan National Accord Process.
- Served as one of the Mediators Panel in the Kenya National Dialogue and Reconciliation Process in early 2008.
- 2007 elected MP for Mbooni Constituency.
- 2003, Member of Parliament as nominated MP during 9th Parliament.
- Appointed Senior Counsel of Kenya under the Advocates Act since 2003.
- Decorated as Elder of the Order of the Burning Spear (EBS) of Kenya in 1994.
- Served as Chairman of the Law Society of Kenya 1983 -5.
- Former Member of the International Bar Association and African Bar Association.
- Attended the Rome-based International Law Development Organization ADR training forum in 1983.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya since 1976.
- Awarded the Law Society of Kenya prize for best student in 1975.
- Graduated in 1974 from the University of Dar-es-Salaam with a 1st Class Honours Degree in Law.